Dostiiii provides an environment where women are free to make decisions/choices with regard to their lives.
Thought Behind The Vision…
- Even after about seven decades of independence, women are still subjected to discrimination, exploitation and humiliation.
- Almost all women still need to ask “permission” from their spouse to do everything.
- A so called developed society where there should have been no gender discrimination is ironically full of it.
- WE resolve to bring about a change in the culture of disregard towards women which is so deep-rooted in our society. Understandably the path to this reform is full of challenges but it’s definitely not implausible.
- Women should be entitled to their fundamental and social rights. The basic rights of any human being. They should have total independence of their own life and lifestyle (at home and outside). They should have freedom to dream. Any step towards achieving their dream should not scare them.
What really is women empowerment?
- An environment where women are free to make decisions/choices with regard to their lives.
- Life with a sense of self-worth, self-respect and dignity for women.
- Emancipation of women from the vicious grips of social, economic and gender based discrimination.
- Replacing patriarchy with Parity, it doesn’t mean ‘deifying women’.
- Having self-confidence to articulate and assert the power to negotiate.
WE believe that two of the most important and indispensable tools to move forward are:
- Education — Empowering women with knowledge and skills and making them aware of their rights. This education will instill confidence in them to claim their rights.
- Economic Empowerment — Reducing financial dependence on their self-proclaimed “providers” so as to have a better quality of life through self-efforts.
Empowerment is immensely important as it will also have a ripple effect on the society as a whole especially in the next generation which learns a lot more from observing and less from preaching.
WE feel that every woman is an Individual with her own senses, sensitivity, imagination, thoughts and dreams which she should be able to express and live freely without being judged!!
Conscience behind the Vision…
- freely live their life with a sense of self-worth, respect and dignity,
- have complete control of their life, both within and outside of their home and workplace,
- to make their own choices and decisions (right to choose: to say yes or no),
- have equal rights to participate in social, religious and public activities,
- have equal rights for social and economic justice,
- determine financial and economic choices,
- get equal opportunity for education,
- get equal employment opportunity without any gender bias,
- get safe and comfortable working environment.
- To incapacitate 100 women in Digital Marketing and Stitching / Tailoring skills this year.
- Also provide them overall development skills such as financial literacy, Communication skills, English speaking, leadership qualities, addressing crisis situation and clarity for decision making.
- Support trained women in either getting decent employment opportunities or starting their own enterprises depending on their inclination.
- Thereby enabling them to increase their self-reliance and self-confidence, so that they can make choices for their own life.
Journey so far
Journey so far
27th Jan 2019 Survey for 1st Batch.
07th Feb 2019 Basic Course started with 28 students.
Concluded 2nd batch of Basic course and 1st batch of Advance course on 21/march/20.
ONLINE classes started for 2nd batch of Advance course on 9/April/20 due to COVID-19 situation.
Why Learn With Us?
For better communication and to build confidence in candidates
“SPOKEN ENGLISH” are conducted at the center. For six months parallel to the stitching course.
Computer literacy also plays a vital role in success. So “BASIC COMPUTER COURSE” is also a part of our six months program.
Real Time exposure imparted to all students by taking them to various shops for selection and knowledge of fabric, price negotiations, etc. designs , etc.
SITE TOUR TO FABRIC MARKET, DELHI
ON THE ENVIL